Warm Weather Recipe Ideas.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Whenever the weather starts to warm up and I've had the chance to crack open the windows of the house and let the fresh breeze in, I can't help but start thinking about spring and summer recipes.  Immediately I think of grilling, cool salads and drinks, fresh herbs...pretty much anything that sounds nice and refreshing after being holed up all winter.
I thought I'd share a little bit of the list I've got going for recipes that I'm wanting to try, along with a few that I've already made and really liked.

Barefoot Contessa at Home Cookbook



So here are a few that are on my list to try!

*Ina Garten Roasted Shrimp and Orzo Salad: This salad looks right up my alley.  I love orzo, I love shrimp and adding in some bright vegetables and refreshing lemon sounds perfect.  This would be great for a lunch or even a light dinner.

*Caprese Pasta Salad: I love anything caprese and I'm sure this salad will be no different.  I am already itching to get my herb pot planted because fresh basil is a staple for me during the warmer months.

*Grapefruit Mimosa:  Another thing that I am an absolute sucker for is brunch and this little drink seems like the perfect accompaniment.

And even though they don't call for a recipe, I have to of course mention the good old fashioned grilled hamburgers and hotdogs that inevitably come with the warmer weather and I cannot wait!



Here are a few that I've made already and give a big thumbs up!

*Williams-Sonoma Baked Ziti: This dish is so, so good.  I will say that it's a bit hearty, but it's perfect for the cold weather that just won't take the hint lately and makes for a really filling dinner.  I definitely recommend it!

*Honey Lime Chicken:  I found this recipe via Pintrest and I'm so glad I did.  This recipe is the perfect answer to the same old boring chicken.  It is really flavorful and really good. We even broke out the grill early for this one and it was so worth it. The only thing that would make this recipe better would be to enjoy it outside on the patio with a margarita in hand.

*Creme Brule French Toast Casserole:  You need a sweet tooth for this one!  I made this last weekend for Jimi and Veronica and it was unbelievably good.  If you like sugary, sweet things - you'll love this.  If you prefer a more savory breakfast, this might be a bit much for you.  I would definitely make it again!

Cooking is one of my favorite things to do so I feel like my list could go on and on.  How about you? Are there any recipes that you're waiting to break out for the warmer weather ahead?  Or any that you would recommend?

Hope you've had a great weekend!

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment