It's the Little Things: Catching her Red-Handed.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

This is my first week linking up with Ashley from Words About Waverly and Jess from Sadie Sky Boutique for the "It's the Little Things" link up and I couldn't be more excited!

Veronica is going through a stage of insisting on picking out her own clothes.  When I say insisting,  I mean INSISTING.  At this age with Veronica I've learned to pick my battles.  Most of the time when I know we have to be somewhere I let her have a few choices of outfits and then she can pick from those.
When we are just at home is when I let her have free rein of her dresser.  (I fought this at first because I love for things to be neat and organized).  But ever since Veronica has been in a big girl bed one of her favorite things to do during "nap time" is to go through her drawers and "try-on" clothes so I've come to accept that it's kind of a losing battle and in some ways I've kind of come to enjoy it.  She looks so cute in her mismatched outfits, shoes and as the second picture here shows - her hair accessories ;)

























As much as I sigh at re-folding her clothes over and over - I love that she is asserting her independence more and more by the day and growing into such a fun, smart, wonderful little girl.  These are the moments that I never want to forget.

Thanks for the link up Ashley and Jess!

Abby

6 comments:

  1. Oh gosh - I just know this time will come for me, too!! She still looks absolutely adorable!!! Xo

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! With a little one as cute as yours it won't matter what she puts on! ;)

      Delete
  2. What a sweetheart!! And the outfit she has on in the pictures is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara! She was pretty proud of her "outfit" choice! ;)

      Delete
  3. I love this! I am one of those people who has to have things in their place with clothes. Sydney has always loved to pick her own clothes, which means that they never stay neatly organized. Lol I have just learned to loosen up a little in her room. Lol. And only buy separates that go well together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tiffany! Me too! - I've had to just accept that the drawers aren't going to stay neat no matter how many times I fold things - but some of the ensembles she comes up with are totally worth it!

      Delete