Current Makeup Favorites.

Monday, February 24, 2014

I've always really liked makeup and enjoy following beauty bloggers but my makeup routine has always been really simple and natural.  Since having Veronica my makeup routine hasn't changed too much, but I will say that I do it much quicker than I used to.  I've pretty much mastered the 5 minute face.  (Sometimes even quicker when Veronica is pulling a Stewie moment,  "Mommy, mommy, mommy, momma, mommy, momma...you get the picture).   These products are the perfect combination for quick and easy every day makeup:


























MAC Warm Soul Blush











NARS Lhasa Eyeshadow





































Real Technique Makeup Brushes: This one is the powder brush and is one of my favorites.  The bristles are so soft and it picks up just the right amount of product.

Makeup Forever Mat Velvet Plus:  Like the powders I try something else here and there, but this is definitely my favorite.  I have oily/combination skin and the consistency of this foundation couldn't be more perfect.  It's not too thick, but not so sheer that you feel like it isn't giving enough coverage.  It leaves a nice satin like finish and has really nice lasting power.  A couple of other foundations that have made it into my makeup favorites at one time or another are the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation and the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation.

MAC Blot Powder This has been a long time favorite of mine.  Occasionally I'll venture off and try something new but I always come back to this one.  A couple of others that I really like the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder and the Clinique Loose Setting Powder.

Almay Clear Complexion Concealer:  I have re-purchased this a couple of times but am always looking for the next best thing.  I like this one because it's great for under eyes as well as spots and blemishes.  It has a nice creamy consistency and blends out really nicely.  The best part about this one is that it's under $10 at the drugstore!

Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller:  I only use this when I'm going for the full 5 minutes face ;) but I do really like it.  I think I make the effort to use it even when I'm in a hurry because I love the cooling sensation it gives under the eyes as you roll it on.  Again, this is affordable and totally worth the money in my opinion.

MAC Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul:  I love this blush.  It's so easy to use and it looks like a natural flush on my olive tone skin.  Blush is one of my favorite make up products to buy and so I have a lot of other favorites too, but this one is one I know I can use in a hurry without too much effort.

Clinique Quickliner for Eyes in 03 Roast Coffee:  A nice classic brown liner.  I like that it's a twist up pencil because although I like a nice sharp pencil, whenever I do it the tip always seems to break off.  For an amateur like me a twist up is perfect.  The other end is smudge tip and works really well to smoke out or even just "messy up" your eyeliner.  I can never get that perfect straight line so being able to look like I tried to "smoke it out" on purpose is right up my alley.

NARS eyeshadow in Lhasa The perfect greyish taupe color.  It's easy to sweep right across the lid without giving too much thought.  It has really nice payoff and is very buildable.  It looks great paired with the Clinique Roast Coffee liner too.

Buxom Lash Mascara:  This was a sample I received from a Sephora order at some point and I love it.  I never thought I was picky about mascaras but the more you use the more you realize what you like and don't like.  I like this one in particular because it's not clumpy and it gives nice length.  It doesn't transfer and is easy to remove.  I'll be buying this in a full size once the sample runs out!

I don't really do too much in the way of lipstick or gloss - for some reason or another I cannot stand the feeling of anything on my lips and always end up just wiping it off.  

What are some of your makeup favorites?  Any suggestions or recommendations?

Abby

2 comments:

  1. I love Mac everything, their mascara is the best!! :)

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to try one of the MAC mascaras. Their zoom lash seems to get good reviews and I've had it sitting in my cart online a couple of different times but never bought it - you've convinced me to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete